Research Computing Support
The mission of the Research Computing Support (RCS) Department is to enable a robust and reliable environment for research by providing access to computational services and resources for faculty working on research projects. To access Boise State’s R2 Cluster, email email@example.com.
- Access to High Performance Computing (HPC) resources – Access the R2 cluster provided by the Vice President of Research or let us help you get access to national resources via the National Science Foundation XSEDE network.
- HPC support – Technical HPC administrators and engineers help with compiling and running jobs on available clusters.
- Virtual servers – Public and private servers are provided by the Office of Information Technology (OIT).
- Virtual storage – Large amounts of network storage can be made available from OIT.
- Networking and data transfer support – Get assistance with networking issues and large data transfers using OIT resources and campus Globus endpoints.
- Programming support for research faculty – Programmers assist faculty with writing or updating software to make it more efficient for research.
- Proposal and grant support – Professional staff are available to manage and help fine tune your grant application.
Research Computing News
Mar 31 2017
Learn how to access and create various geospatial datasets using the Python bindings for the Geospatial
Mar 30 2017
Visualizing data directly from HPC clusters can produce very useful information out of computed data.
Mar 29 2017
The recent collaboration between Boise State University’s Lab for Ecohydrology and Alternative Futuring (LEAF), led
Mar 03 2017
The debut of Boise State’s newest R2 cluster allows Boise State to be part of an ecosystem
Mar 02 2017
Spatial data are permeating many areas of research. Join Boise State’s Research Computing Support staff